Work with an experienced coach who has achieved great personal success and has earned multiple pro cards for their clients. You're at the right place.
Are you ready to level up and get on the bikini, fitness, figure, physique, or bodybuilding stage?
My contest prep coaching service is here to help you do just that.
I started competing back in 2009 and placed second in my first show. I then went on to win in the following season and have won multiple shows since. A personal highlight was winning the Asia Pacific International and being selected to compete in Las Vegas at the Musclemania World Championships.
It's safe to say I have been in the game for a long time with a lot of experience accumulated over the years. Beyond my personal success, I have coached clients to win overalls, pro cards, and compete internationally.
I understand what it takes to achieve the best physique possible but also consider health and longevity along the way. Contest prep is a challenging pursuit but with the right approach it can be an incredible experience.
I will personally work closely with you to create an individualised plan that is tailored to your competition division, experience, and build your confidence along the way.
Along with your fully personalised nutrition & training plan we’ll implement a flexible dieting strategy that is sustainable and provide you with the guidance and support you need to make healthy choices and develop better habits.
I’ll also help you develop a strong mindset and positive attitude, so you can stay motivated and on track even when things get tough. With my behaviour coaching methods, together we’ll identify and overcome any obstacles that may be holding you back from achieving your goals.
This contest prep service includes comprehensive weekly check-in reports and progress updates, so we can track your results and make any adjustments as needed. You also have access to communicate with me across the week for additional support.
We’ll monitor your results using the following indicators of progress:
- Scale weight changes
- Girth measurements
- Visual improvements
- Performance feedback
- Exercise technique improvements
- Inner health self-assessments
I’ll also review your food diary on a weekly basis and provide nutritional guidance, so we can make sure you’re getting the nutrients your body needs to build muscle and lose fat.
Based on your feedback adjustments to your training program will be made weekly to ensure progressive overload, manage fatigue and consider any changes in your life.
With my expert guidance and support you’ll be able to lose fat, build muscle, and develop a positive mindset that will serve you well in every aspect of your life.
Fully personalised training programming
- Based on your desired outcome
- Considers preferred training frequency & duration
- Considers level of experience
- Progressive overload orientated
- Periodised programming for fatigue management
- Adjusted weekly based on progress
- Exercise technique videos
- Abs, conditioning, and glute circuits
- Specific cardio recommendations
Fully personalised nutrition programming
- 3 different meal plans provided and updated as needed
- Based on effective macronutrient targets
- Considers food preferences
- Flexible dieting explained
- Nutrient timing suggestions
- Educational videos around nutrition
- Food selection changes based on feedback
- Specific supplementation recommendations
- Food diary reviewed weekly to ensure you're on track
Online weekly check-ins
- Tracking and reviewing all data to ensure progress is made
- Photo updates
- Video analysis of key exercises
- Adjustments to the diet based on feedback
- Behaviour coaching to encourage better outcomes
- Daily habits to tick off each week
- Stress management protocols and recommendations
- Planned improvements to stay positive and goal focused
- Accountability and empathetic support
Private Facebook group and website resource
- Private education hub for further knowledge
- Regular articles and updates
Personalised Coaching App
- All programming accessible from one place
- Nutrition plan accessible and synced to MyFitness Pal
- Training volume tracked
- Tracking performance progress
- Communication with coach
- Videos on how to perform all exercises
Show Day Support & Peak Week Protocols
- A unique plan outlined for peak week and show day
- Day to day assessments of your physique to peak effectively
- Direct communication on the day
- Coach attendance where possible
What to expect in contest prep
Contest prep is an endeavour that requires the highest level of discipline, consistency, willpower, and often a lot of sacrifice. If you are looking to do well in competition it will require you to prioritise the following tasks above all else for the specific period of time that you are in prep:
- Following your individualised training program, no sessions missed
- Committing to your daily steps target, no falling short
- Completing cardio sessions where necessary
- Sticking to your nutritional targets with quality food selection
- Utilising refeeds and diet breaks strategically
- Utilising deload weeks strategically
- Minimising physical activity that may impede on our goals
- No cheat meals
- No alcohol
In the process you will likely experience phases of low energy availability due to the nature of working towards extremely low levels of body fat. This can result in side effects not limited to but inclusive of:
- High levels of fatigue
- High levels of food focus
- Dips in energy and mental clarity across the day
- Sleep quality and quantity degradation
- Skewed body image
- A drop in strength and performance
- A drop in libido and sexual desire
- Mood disturbances
- Menstrual cycle disturbances
These effects can be quite challenging to embrace in the moment however they will pass in the recovery phase where we get you back up to healthy levels of body fat.
Phases of contest prep
An effective contest prep will be split up into five phases to achieve the best outcomes, ensuring you will be stage ready with the time available, and have you return to optimal health in the appropriate way. The phases are as follows:
- Pre-Prep Phase: Taking off the majority of your body fat in this early phase of contest prep where body fat stores are higher and you can mentally handle a bigger level of caloric restriction. Typically 4-6 weeks.
- Contest Prep Phase: At the start of this phase you should be within 10% of your estimated goal stage body weight and have built some great habits around training, accurately tracking your food intake, and embracing hunger along the way. This will be the longest phase, typically 12-16 weeks.
- Digging Phase: This is the back end of contest prep where you are very lean however still need to push harder to get off that stubborn body fat where appropriate for your competition (if body fat levels need to be extremely low). This phase is the most challenging as you are already quite lean and need to push lower calorie intakes and higher output to really dial things in. Typically 2-4 weeks.
- Peaking Phase: In this phase we focus on reducing stress on your body, filling out your muscles, and achieving the best look possible for the stage. We’ll reduce training intensity, increase food intake, and heavily focus on stress management prior to getting on the stage. 1-2 weeks.
- Recovery Phase: When you have reached this phase you have already competed and we are now working towards getting your body fat levels back up to a healthy place, progressively lowering your food focus, and bringing your hormones back up to optimal levels for good health. This phase is essential to avoid rapid body fat gain and longer term hormonal imbalances. 2-6 weeks.